12 tsp of sliced almonds, pistachios, cashews, and green dried raisins
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tblsp of rice flour
1 cup pure ghee for frying
1. Wash and boil the bananas with the skin.
2. Remove the skin and seeds of the bananas and mash them. Add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder and 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder, and mix well. If you have a sweet tooth, add some sugar to this mix, I left out the sugar.
3. Make 12 balls of mashed bananas.
4. Sautée the mixed nuts and raisins in 1 tsp of ghee, then add 2 tspn of sugar and a little water. Once the sugar syrup turns thick, let it cool. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to this mix.
5. Flatten each ball in your palm, add a tsp of the nut mix in the center, and try to seal the ball. See pics.
6. Roll the balls in rice flour and deep fry them. Some recipes suggest flattening the patty before frying, which is what I did. Also, I shallow fried on medium low.
AnonymousMar 3, 2021, 9:34 am
My family recipe, we use stuffing of freshly grated coconut, sugar & fried dryfruits.
Also prefer using bananas that are over ripe.
Rita Jamshed KapadiaMar 3, 2021, 9:44 am
Thanks for the tip of using Over ripe Banana. I make banana bread usually and cakes, now something new and Olde revived! Coconut – yummy. How about Charoli?
RTI 2023 – ParsiCuisine.comJan 1, 2023, 9:36 pm
[…] Kerwai, a fried plantain patty stuffed with dry fruit, featured on the second RTI Rewind menu, released in June 2022. A digital archive of all lost-and-found recipes is now in the works. […]