- 8 Cups Whole wheat flour
- 550 Gram Evaporated dry milk powder (or 250 grams of mavo aka khoya)
- 1 kg 350 g castor sugar
- 1 Cup Milk approx
- 7 Eggs beaten
- 1 Cup Pistachio
- 1 Cup Blanched almonds slivered
- 1/2 Cup Sultanas (Raisins)
- 2 tsp powdered cardamoms and nutmeg
- Rosewater to taste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Kg Ghee approx
- Mix flour, salt, milk and 3-4 tbsp ghee and bind.
- Knead and roll into rotlis.
- Shallow fry in a little of the measured ghee.
- Cool and break into fine pieces, like rough semolina.
- Make thin syrup with sugar and a little water.
- Cool and add eggs, mavo and broken pieces of fried rotlis.
- Add remaining ghee and cook on a low fire, till ghee rises to top.
- Remove this ghee if desired. I would!
- Cool and add rosewater.
- Sprinkle with nuts, sultanas and cardamom and nutmeg mixture, and cherries.
Serve malido warm and garnished with fried almonds/raisins/cashews. Some folks add cherries as well. Enjoy!