Papeta Parsi Rai na Papeta @parsicuisine
Parsi Rai na Papeta @parsicuisine
Spicy potatoes with black mustard seeds.
Recipe & Video
3 cups cubed cooked potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Curry Powder
1/4 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli pepper
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1/4 or 3 pinches tsp Asefotida (Hing)
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves (fresh)
1 stalk of fresh curry leaves
Oil as needed
1. Keep all ingredients ready.
2. Mix into potatoes the dry spices/ powders of turmeric, chilli powder, coriander, salt, curry. This is marination for the Rai na Papeta.
3. In a non-stick pan heat oil to a hot temperature (see video)
4. Do the tempering (Vaghar) of black mustard seeds till they pop.
5. Add the cubed and marinated potatoes and stir into hot pan.
6. Add Curry leaves, Asefotida, Coriander leaves as shown in video.
Serve hot with plain yogurt on side.