Penda the easy way
Pendas are bite sized Indian sweets made with milk solids and sugar sometimes flavoured with saffron and cardamom.
1-1/2 cups whole milk powder
½ cup sugar
½ cup full cream milk
1 tbsp butter
A few strands of saffron Mixed nuts fordecoration
· Add all the ingredients to a microwave safe bowl. Set power to High.
· Stir well and microwave for 2 minutes.
· Keep stirring after every 2 minutes. You will know it is done when the mixture begins to come together.
· When done, allow to cool a bit, form into pendas and add nuts in the center of each penda.Optional
· Alternatively you can knead lightly and put into molds