Recipe Contest Winner: Congratulations to our member Sheroo Rusi Parekh
750 gm Chicken cut into small or medium pieces
Grind to paste all these roasted ingredients together with:
- 2 tbsp khuskhus (soak for 5 minutes and drain)
- 8-9 Kashmiri Chilies (soak for 10 minutes and drain)
- 2 tspn jeera (cumin seeds dry roasted in pan)
- 1 tablespoon whole dhaniya (coriander seeds)
- 1/2 cup broken kaju (cashew)
- 1-1/2 tbspn mari (whole pepper)
- 1″ stick cinnamon
- 6-7 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 medium sized onions chopped
- Heat 5 tbsp oil in a pan (preferably non-stick) and fry 3 medium sized sliced onions till golden brown
- Add ground paste with 1/2 tspn haldi (turmeric) powder n 3 tspn Parsi sambhar masala & fry till oil separates
- Add & mix well puree of 3 tomatoes (u can grind tomatoes in mixer)
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add 2 tej patta (bay leaves).
- Add chicken pieces n fry for aboutt 10 minutes.
- Cover n let it cook till water evaporates.
- Add hot water as required. Adjust water as required consistency before taking the pan off the stove.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve with Rotli or Naan.
error: Content is protected !!