6 September, 2013
Sitaphal Pudding aka “Sugar Apple” or “Custard Apple” Pudding (from cookbook)
Comments : 1 Posted in : A Recipe of ParsiCuisine.com, Custard Apple/Sitafal, Dessert, Fruit, Recipes, Sugar Apple on by : Rita
Sitaphal is also known as “Sugar Apple” or “Custard Apple”
has a typical buttery, delicate flavor.
- Sitaphal pulp – 1 1/2 cup
- China grass – 1 packet
- Water – 1 cup
- Cream cheese – 500 grams
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Almond – Finely chopped, to garnish
- Pistachios – Finely chopped, to garnish
- Walnuts – Finely chopped, to garnish
1. Cut china grass into small pieces.
2. Boil water in a vessel & allow china grass to dissolve in it over low heat.
3. Continue stirring till dissolves completely. Allow to cool.
4. In another large bowl, place the cream cheese, china grass & powdered sugar; and beat with an electric blender till smooth.
5. Fold in the fresh cream & sitaphal (Pudding Recipe) pulp.
6. Blend again.
7. Pour the entire mixture into pudding cups & set in refrigerator.
8. Garnish & serve chilled.