The Perfect Cup Of Chai Comes In A Box
Monica Sunny boxes up and preserves the goodness of spices, traditions, and rituals of chai-making.
Chai Box Chai Recipe
Serving: 2 Cups of Chai
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk or nut milk
- 3-4 tsp of True Blend (loose leaf tea blend)
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed open
- 2 cloves, lightly crushed
- 3 small pieces of cinnamon
- A pinch of fennel (8-10 seeds)
On the Stove (traditional Indian method of making chai):
- In a small saucepan, add water, cardamom, clove, cinnamon and fennel and bring to a boil.
- Add in True Blend loose leaf tea and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the stove once the chai starts to bubble up.
- Use a strainer to strain ingredients when pouring chai into a tea cup.
- Add honey or sugar if desired.
A cup of tea shared with another person is known to create a new karma each time. So next time you have a cup of tea with someone, have good thoughts, and share good words.Cookbook presents an journey into the Tea (Chai) Cultivation, Tea Gardens and many different tea recipes.Indian Chai, Teas, Pastries and CakesThis cookbook has 13 Tea recipes and history from India’s Parsi Community.
Chai is the common equalizer in India – from the rich to the poor. No matter what their position in life, an Indian relishes a cup of tea. The rich ones have their tea served in fancy tea-pots, delicate porcelain cups on well laid out tables with cookies and pastries. The not-so-affluent have it in more humble settings. But the joy and satisfaction is the same.