Yogurt Shrikand in Red White and Blue
Yogurt is hung to make it thick. Garnish with fresh blueberries, sliced almonds and serve shrikand immediately.
Makes: 2 Servings of Shrikand.
2 Cups Plain Yogurt
1 Pod Cardamom
4 Tbsps Sliced Blanched Almonds (optional)
Fresh Blueberry Fruit (optional)
Sugar to Taste
A drop of red and blue food color (edible color)
- Crush the cardamom pod and remove the seeds and grind the seeds into fine powder.
- Tie plain yogurt in a clean muslin cloth and hang it in refrigerator (tie the ends of cloth to the rack) for 6 – 8 hours with a bowl underneath to collect the whey. Alternatively, hang it above the kitchen sink for couple of hours and then refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Remove the thick yogurt and mix in sugar, cardamom powder.
- Divide into 3 mixing bowls, stir in red and blue food color in two bowls, keep the 3rd white.
- Layer each into serving cup, I used a cocktail glass for special color effects.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve shrikand immediately.
Suggestions: Use full fat yogurt for better taste.
Variations: You can also add honey instead of sugar if you wish.