White Sauce Cutlets
It’s my mother’s recipe. A hit at all her parties.
Indeed a very versatile recipe by Zarine!
Ingredients: 1 large cup of shredded roasted/boiled chicken (OR shredded meat/turkey/ham/boiled eggs or corn/pre-boiled carrots/beans/cauliflower)
3 tablespoons flour/maida.
2 cups of milk.
2 tablespoons butter.
Half cup grated cheese.
2 table spoons chopped spring onions – the green part.( Optional) A tiny bunch of fresh coriander or parsley chopped.
1 green chilli chopped fine.
A little rawa (semolina) or breadcrumbs.
1 egg beaten up. oil to fry.
Freshly ground pepper.
Salt to taste.
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the chilli and spring onions.
2. Saute for 2 minutes, add the flour.
3. Keep stirring constantly on a slow flame, gradually add the milk , salt and pepper.
4. Stir until the sauce thickens well. (Mum used to add a little stock of the chicken too for extra flavour)
5. Add the grated cheese, chopped coriander and shredded chicken.
6. Mix well and allow the mixture to cool, then refrigerate it for 2/3 hours.
7. Heat a little oil in a non stick pan.
8. Grease your palm and make a cutlet of that mixture.
9. Dip in rawa/breadcrumbs, then in beaten egg.
10. Fry on a low flame turning it over only once, until its a pale golden brown.