Akuri is basically scrambled eggs. You can have it for breakfast. Serve it with Rotli or toasted bread.
- The way you make each dish changes based on the method and process used in cooking the eggs.
- Ingredients change the flavor of the spicy scrambled egg dish.
- You can make it spicy, sweet and savory as in Bharuchi Akuri.
- You can use akuri as a filling as in Akuri Pattice or simply rolled up in a Burrito, Rotli or Taco.
- You can use it as a filling as in a sandwich (2 slices of buttered bread with akuri and grilled)
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion chopped very fine
- 1 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Coriander (kothmir) chopped (optional)
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tsp pieces of fresh finely chopped garlic and ginger or ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp each Coriander and Cumin Powder (dhanajeeru)
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Fry onion till pinkish brown, add tomatoes.
- Stir well and see that tomatoes are tender
- Next add the ginger & garlic paste.
- Stir well then add all the dry powder spices. Saute until the oil comes up than lower heat to lowest possible.
- Beat eggs with a fork in a new bowl. Beat till frothy. Now add beaten eggs to the pan and stir cooked to the consistency of scrambled eggs.
Serve to the egg consistency you desire. I like it runny and soft, some like it well-cooked and hard.
Great for diabetics and protein rich diets