Audh Parsi Audh
Audh is a better mood elevator than a bar of chocolate! The primary ingredient in this is rice flour and coconut milk.
It is one Parsi dessert which is forgotten but now remembered. Just made it again today for Father’s Day
Do you remember this?
Hint: Audh is served as Dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups fine rice flour
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 225 grams ghee
- 2 cups coconut milk extracted from 1 large coconut
- 3 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups rosewater
- 1 tbsp almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 tbsp peeled cardamom, coarsely crushed
- A pinch of salt
- Boil water, add rice flour and sugar gradually, stirring continuously.
- Add one-third of the ghee to flour mixture, keep on medium heat and stir till absorbed.
- Add coconut milk, salt, rosewater and ghee alternately till all are absorbed.
- Keep stirring and cooking till mixture forms a ball and leaves sides of pan.
- Sprinkle half the almonds on a greased tray and spread mixture over it.
- Smooth out with a greased wooden spoon or greased hand and cover with cardamoms and remaining almonds.
- Press into mixture.
- Cool, cut into diamond shapes and serve.