Audh Parsi Audh is also pronounced as OUNDH
Audh is a better mood elevator than a bar of chocolate! The primary ingredient in this is rice flour and coconut milk.
Do you remember this?
Hint: Audh is served as Dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups fine rice flour
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 225 grams ghee
- 2 cups coconut milk extracted from 1 large coconut
- 3 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups rosewater
- 1 tbsp almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 tbsp peeled cardamom, coarsely crushed
- A pinch of salt
- Boil water, add rice flour and sugar gradually, stirring continuously.
- Add one-third of the ghee to flour mixture, keep on medium heat and stir till absorbed.
- Add coconut milk, salt, rosewater and ghee alternately till all are absorbed.
- Keep stirring and cooking till mixture forms a ball and leaves sides of pan.
- Sprinkle half the almonds on a greased tray and spread mixture over it.
- Smooth out with a greased wooden spoon or greased hand and cover with cardamoms and remaining almonds.
- Press into mixture.
- Cool, cut into diamond shapes and serve.