It is my personal experience, this Chicken Soup improves immunity and helps during a flu or cold.
- 1 lb or 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste (adoo lasan)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste (optional can omit for a low sodium diet)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups water or as needed
- 1 pressure cooker ( you can use Instant Pot )
- Clean and remove skin of 1 lb chicken with bones, and marinate in adoo lasan. Keep for 2 hours
- Chop onion and fry in oil till sauted light brown. Add salt and cinnamon stick.
- Add chopped tomatoes
- Add the marinated chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add enough water to make soup. I make this chicken soup in a pressure cooker.
- Crock pot, one pot or any vessel will work.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes in the pressure cooker, lower heat and time after high pressure whistle.
- Add fresh coriander and potatoes later if you prefer.