15 September, 2014
Lagan nu Custard (from cookbook)
Lagan nu Custard is made with eggs and is delicious!
Recipe from my mother Parin Homi Munshi
- 6 cups milk or 4 cups heavy cream/evaporated cream
- 1 slice bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp Charoli nuts Garnish (or garnished with almonds, pistachios – your choice)
- Boil the milk, on slow heat, till two-third is left (4 cups). Let it cool. If using cream/evaporated cream just boil it and cool.
- Mix in a blender the cold milk, sugar, eggs, bread slice and vanilla essence.
- Put in baking dish and mix in Charoli nuts and/or Pistachios and Almonds.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. The top should be golden brown.
- Cut into rectangles and serve at room temperature.
- This custard can be made ahead and refrigerated for a week.
Unique Egg Creations: Akuri, Lagan nu Custard, Omelette and treasured family recipes (Paperback 8.5″ x 11″)