It is to be made exactly as follows:
- 1 1/2 kg ghee
- 1/2 kg char jaatna magaz MELON SEEDS (CHAR MAGAZ)
- 50 g baval nu goonder (resin of the baval tree)
- 2 1/4 kg sugar
- 500 g ghau nu doodh – Wheat Germ Powder
- 500 g cummar kakri – Lotus Root Powder
- 400 g dates – Khajoor
- 100 g akhrot – walnuts
soak overnight in hot water, peel and chop and fry :
- 250 g dil (suva) – Premium Dill Seeds
- 1/2 kg dried water chestnuts
- 450 g lotus roots
- 25 g dholi musli
- 10 g punjabi salan
- 25 g white pepper
- 100 g gokhru
- 25 g kali musli
- 50 g pipri mool
- 50 g saalam panjo
- 50 g kajar kas
- 50 g karlu batrisu
- 50 g jabar jas
- 30 g white cardamoms
- 3 nutmegs
- 25 g vai varin
- 350 g dry ginger
- 250 g udad daal
- 25 g chana dal
- 150 g khus khus
- 250 g singora or singoda
- 100 g variali (saunf)
- 200 g dry coconut
- Fry individually all peeled and chopped nuts, mags.
- Make a sugar syrup of one-thread consistency , using enough water just to cover sugar. Add fried ingredients, keeping a few nuts aside.
- In another pan, cook dil with ghau nu doodh till thick. Add about two cups water, if needed. Pour dil mixture into sugar syrup.
- Heat a little ghee in a shallow frying pan and fry all powdered ingredients, individually, a little at a time, adding them to the mixture with ghee, as they are fried. Mix well, place on low heat and cook, stirring continuously, to prevent burning.
- When thick, add crushed spices, mix well and remove from fire.
- Pour into a tray, pyrex dish or glass jar and store in a cool place.
Vasanu is a very well-known health food in India. It is said to:
- Extend your life years – https://amzn.to/411wgXJ
- Increase your immunity (with Ginger, white pepper and lotus flower)
- Strengthen your bones and muscles (protein and calcium rich)
- A winter Cold and Flu remedy (have it before breakfast for best results with a strong cup of tea)